Ferro Top® is an iron speciality fertiliser with high levels of potassium and magnesium as well as manganese to promote quality, resistance and colour. The fine granulation ensures perfect sward penetration.
Ferro Top® ensures quick greening without a flush of growth, displaces moss and protects against future ingress which is particularly important in winter to spring. Ferro Top® is also an ideal option for the early spring treatment to kick-start your turf.
The granule size of Ferro Top® is very fine and uniform 0.5-1.8 mm and is therefore ideal for high-quality sports turf surfaces and especially fine turf surfaces such as greens. Longevity of Ferro Top® is 4 - 6weeks.
In combination with the low nitrogen content, turf forms important amino acids, enzymes and proteins. The result, is improved chlorophyll formation and energy utilisation. Therefore turf is better protected against weather influences and improves the sward quality by increased resistance against wear, fungal diseases, moss, heat and frost.
Apply evenly, at an application rate of 20-35 g/m2 avoiding overlapped or missed areas, using a suitable calibrated spreader. Watering-in (minimum 5 mm) after application is strongly recommended! Expect around 6-8 weeks longevity and do not apply in frosty weather or hot, dry conditions. We recommend using PrecisionPro to ensure perfect application. To learn more about PrecisionPro click here.
Applying Ferro Top® during the crucial growth potential period at the beginning of the year, will ensure your turf is sufficiently supplied with all required nutrients for optimum growth. Deficiency in N, K, Fe, Mg and S can lead to increased disease occurrence, poor quality turf and a much slower start to the season.
On the flip side when heading into Autumn, Ferro Top® provides all essential nutrients for increased disease resistance, colour, and displacement of moss which helps your turf become strong and healthy going into winter.
Early Spring Application
The graphic above highlights the red/orange coloured sections above 30% GP which indicates the perfect time for applying Ferro Top®. Green coloured GP indicates first granular feed such as Floranid®Twin Eagle Master. Data is between 2018 - 2019 during the start of each year from 3 different regions.
During the opposite end of the year when we transition into autumn, the plant becomes under severe stress such as disease and abiotic stress. The role of Ferro Top® during this time is to provide plant resistance, turf quality and colour. Ferro Top® also displaces moss and protects against new settlements. As growth potential is on the decline during the later part of the year when GP hits 50% is the perfect timing for Ferro Top®.
The image above shows optimum timing for Ferro Top® application during Autumn across 3 different regions. No 2 years are the same further highlighting the importance of monitoring the weather.
Discover the key functions of nutrients within Ferro Top® for the plant.
Key functions in the plant
• Central atom of chlorophyll molecule and is therefore essential for photosynthesis. However, typically this is only 15-20% of a plant's requirement for magnesium. Deficiency of magnesium will reduce the plants photosynthetic rate
• Key activator of many enzyme reactions and protein synthesis
• Transport of carbohydrates and amino acids from the leaf to the roots and shoots via the phloem.
• Important in nitrogen and phosphate metabolism
• Regulates uptake and cell turgor together with K+
Key functions in the plant
• Sulphur is an essential component of proteins in plants since it is required for the formation of two amino acids (cysteine and methionine), that are the building blocks of proteins
• Sulphur is also a component of enzymes (forming bonds within the enzyme structure) and vitamins
• Sulphur is also involved in the reduction of nitrate to amino acids